Second Phase Of Egyptian Reconstruction Plan Kicks Off In Gaza

GAZA, The second phase of an Egyptian reconstruction plan kicked off in Gaza, to help rebuild the territory, following an Israeli offensive, earlier this year.

Ibrahim al-Shuniqi, head of the Egyptian reconstruction committee, told Palestinian faction leaders and government officials that, the start of the second phase in the Gaza Strip, came under the directives of Egyptian President, Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi.

The Egyptian official, who chaired a delegation of engineers and construction experts, made the remarks during a ceremony held in Gaza City, to celebrate the start of the second phase in the coastal enclave.

“The political leadership’s instructions are to provide assistance to Palestinian manpower and companies in Gaza, that are capable of carrying out the work,” al-Shuniqi said.

On May 10, Israel waged a large-scale 11-day aerial offensive on the Gaza Strip, leaving more than 250 Palestinians killed, as well as, the massive destruction of buildings and other infrastructure.

Egypt brokered a ceasefire agreement between Israel and Hamas. It also pledged 500 million U.S. dollars in two phases to help rebuild the territory.

Al-Shuniqi said that the first phase, which started after the end of the Israeli offensive, included the removal of rubble and debris.

He added that the second phase will include constructing three housing projects in the Strip’s centre and north, and two bridges in Gaza city, paving destroyed crossroads and building a corniche road.

Source: Nam News Network

Related posts