AT LEAST FIVE SOUTH AFRICANS IN LOMBOK, INDONESIA, SAFE AND ACCOUNTED FOR

PRETORIA-- The Department of International Relations and Co-operation says it is aware of five South Africans who were in the affected area of Indonesia where a 6.9 magnitude earthquake struck on Sunday.

The death toll from the massive earthquake, which hit the Indonesian tourist islands of Lombok, and nearby Bali, is said to be at 100 as rescuers continue to find victims.

The department said here Tuesday that all five South Africans had been accounted for and are safe.

The government is currently in contact with the South African Embassy in Jakarta in order to provide consular assistance to the five should it be required.

Meanwhile, South Africa has sent its condolences to the government and the people of Indonesia following the loss of lives and injuries suffered.

Source: NAM NEWS NETWORK

Related posts